SURABAYAPAGI.com, Sukabumi - Until the search was closed temporarily, the joint SAR team had evacuated 15 bodies of victims of the landslide that occurred in KampunG Garehong, Cimapag Hamlet, Sukabumi Regency, West Java. With details, two victims on the first day, Monday (31/12), and 13 on the second day, Tuesday (1/1).
"From the results of the team’s work on the second day the number of victims found was 15 people with details of two victims on the first and 13 days on the second day," said Danrem 061/Surya kencana Colonel (Inf) M Hasan at the disaster site in Sirnaresmi Village, Cisolok District On Wednesday (1/2).
According to him, the obstacle faced by the evacuation team is the nature in which heavy rains can suddenly drop and soil conditions are prone to aftershocks. The search was postponed temporarily on Tuesday afternoon and continued on Wednesday (3/1) today.
Because, yesterday it rained heavily several times and it was late afternoon so it was feared something would happen to the evacuation team. "So as many as 20 people have not been found and it is hoped that today the missing victims will be found," he added.
Meanwhile, Pasiops Pos Jakarta Basarnas I Made Oka said the data on the number of missing victims could still change depending on residents who reported the loss of family members. However, the data is summarized and updated so far the number of victims is 101 people, 63 survivors, three injured, 15 died, and 20 missing. rk